Image of From Dreamtime 2 Machinetime (1979) by Trevor Nickolls at
QAG|GOMA in Brisbane, 2013
Take some time out of your week to learn more about his work. Here are some links -
- A tribute by Aboriginal Artist Vernon Ah Kee
- Media Release about his passing
- Australian Screen, Dreamtime, Machinetime (1987)
- A tribute essay by Adrian Newstead
- Article by Gabriella Coslovich about the Other Side of Art exhibition in The Age
You can also use Google images to see more of his work.
Trevor Nickolls said of his 1979 work:
My life revolves around painting and drawing. I incorporate Aboriginal and Western techniques and symbolism to make contemporary art that relates to both cultures today. My paintings are to share with everyone. I look to bridge the gap between Western art and Aboriginal art. My work is a balancing act, like walking a tightrope between my dreams and my life when I'm awake - from Dreamtime to Machinetime.
Source of quote: Interpretive Panels at QAG|GOMA 14 June 2013.